King Salman Isolated, 150 Members of the Saudi Kingdom Allegedly Affected by Covid-19

Nearly 150 members of the Saudi royal family are reported to be infected with the corona virus or Covid-19. King Salman and his relatives are being isolated.

Adapted from the New York Post, Thursday (4/4/2020), Saudi King Salman, 84, is in isolation to prevent Covid-19 transmission. He isolated himself near the city of Jeddah.

While his son, Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman, 34, was quarantined near the Red Sea. He was placed in a place with his ministers.

The king’s nephew, Prince Faisal bin Bandar bin Abdulaziz Al Saud was confirmed to be intensively treated after contracting the virus.

This was confirmed by doctors and close family members that the 70-year-old prince who served as Governor of Riyadh was affected by Covid-19.

According to the New York Times, Saudi princes are believed to have been infected with the virus while traveling to Europe. It was said that the Covid-19 pandemic disaster likely played a role in Saudi Arabia’s decision to announce a ceasefire in Yemen.

The elite King Faisal Specialist Hospital has prepared around 500 beds.

This facility is provided for nobles and people close to the Saudi royal family, based on a memo quoted by the newspaper.

“The directives must be prepared for VIPs from all over the country,” wrote the hospital operator.

He added that sick staff members would now be treated in less elite hospitals to make room for the nobles.

The Saudi royal family expert from Rice University, Kristian Coates Ulrichsen said, “If (Covid-19) reaches into the family, then it becomes an urgent problem”.

To note, as many as 41 deaths from the corona virus have occurred in Saudi Arabia, according to the Johns Hopkins University website.

There are 2,795 Covid-19 cases reported in the country on Thursday, April 9, 2020.

Doctors have discovered a new symptom of coronavirus

A sudden loss of smell (anosmia, – Ed.) May be another symptom of infection with a new type of coronavirus. This was written by the BBC with reference to a statement by the British Association of Otorhinolaryngology (ENT).

This symptom can occur in the absence of other signs of the disease, that is, such patients may be hidden carriers of Covid-19, doctors say.

According to the organization, there is strong evidence that this symptom appeared in coronavirus patients in South Korea, China, and Italy.

In the UK, USA, France and northern Italy, there has been a sudden increase in cases of anosmia, said a joint statement by Professor Claire Hopkins of the British Society of Rhinologists and Professor Nirmal Kumar of the Association of Otorhinolaryngology

“These patients may be one of the previously unknown hidden carriers that contributed to the rapid spread of Covid-19. Unfortunately, the symptoms of these patients do not meet the current criteria for testing or self-isolation,” the statement said.

Doctors recommend considering this symptom as one of the tools for detecting coronavirus patients who are not suffering from high fever or dry cough.

“It is likely that if any adult with anosmia, but without other symptoms, is asked to self-isolate for seven days, we could reduce the number of asymptomatic patients who continue to act as carriers without realizing the need for self-isolation,” they said in ENT.

Earlier, 62-year-old British Deputy Minister of Health Nadine Dorris, who had been ill with a coronavirus, said she had lost her sense of smell and taste after an illness.

In addition, German virologist Professor Hendrick Strick spoke of anosmia as a symptom of coronavirus. According to him, a loss of taste and smell for several days was observed in two-thirds of patients who received him.

Scientists have identified another way COVID-19 penetration into the body

In China, molecular biologists have found that the coronavirus COVID-19 can penetrate into human cells not only through the ACE2 receptor, but also in another way – through the protein growth of the CD147 molecule.

“We know that the virus uses the ACE2 receptor to penetrate the body. However, since it is often found in the cells of the heart, kidneys and genitals, the fight against the virus through this protein can negatively affect these organs. We isolated another receptor, the molecules of which attacks the virus. This expands the potential arsenal of means to suppress the infection, “the scientists write.

The COVID-19 virus, which caused an outbreak of pneumonia in China and several other countries, penetrates human and other mammalian lung cells using ACE2 protein molecules that cover lung cells. These outgrowths, as scientists have discovered long ago, play an important role in the life of SARS, another dangerous virus, the causative agent of SARS.

Chinese scientists from the Fourth Military Medical University in Xi’an and the Institute of Biotechnology in Beijing found that the pathogen COVID-19 uses at least one other way to get into human tissues and cells. This is the protein receptor CD147.

Chicago Firefighters Killed

The sad news about two numbers Chicago Firefighters killed came this Wednesday following a blaze; the incident occurred on East 75th Street in an abandoned laundry business building in the South Side. The two Chicago Firefighters killed in the incident were Corey Ankum and Edward Stringer.

Subsequently while addressing to a press conference on Wednesday Robert Hoff, the Fire Commissioner Chicago informed that overall as many as 19 of their firefighters had suffered in the sad incident. Many of them sustained severe burn injuries, Robert Hoff added. He also said that everyone did the best one could do to save the other firefighters’ lives just like brothers.

According to the details, the two tragic deaths occurred while the firefighters of the CFD battled the abovementioned warehouse blaze while in a kind abandoned building. All of a sudden, number of them found them trapped when a wall alongside the building’s roof collapsed right over their heads; the debris just engulfed at least four of firefighters.

This also left more than one dozen other personnel injured and as per situation demand; they were forced to leave the area. The rescue efforts followed immediately and the rescuers would be seen digging out the place frantically in order to free the two remaining persons namely Edward Stringer and Corey Ankum.

Meanwhile, the other at least 15 workers of the CFD were sent to hospital where the authorities later informed; their injuries were not life-threatening in nature. The deaths of the aforementioned two CFD workers were confirmed and announced by the Office of Cook Cunt Medical Examiner while just before 11 at night (ET).

Both Corey and Stinger 34 and 47 years of age were with the CFD for the last 12 and 2 years, respectively and they were among the men who tried to put out the fire in order to search for squatters. Corey used to be a Chicago Police Officer prior to his joining the CFD hardly two years ago. According to Larry Langford the spokesman for Fire Department; their deaths of Corey and Stringer resulted off trauma.

Cruise Ship in Antarctica

According to the updates on stranded Cruise Ship in Antarctica; all the passengers (88) alongside crew (77) remained unharmed and the big boat is now ‘out of danger.’ The luxury Cruise Ship in Antarctica named MV Clelia II is the same expedition liner that encountered rough weather in the open sea on December 7, 2010.

The above mentioned cruise ship was on its way to Argentina from the Antarctica while 88 passengers onboard along with large crew consisting on 77 people. The trouble with expedition liner started when following massive hit by a massive wave; one of its engineers was knocked out and the communications were also lost temporarily.

According to various passengers’ statements, the winds blew at nearly 55 mph thus sending the ship rocking all the time and the waves were too strong and high. Luckily enough, only a minor injury to one of the crew members was reported while the rest of passengers and crew remained unharmed.

Very recently a statement has been made by the operators of the aforementioned Clelia II cruise ship International Association of “Antarctica Tour Operators” according to which; there’s no more danger faced by the boat. The weather conditions out there were always improving while the ship inches towards Ushuaia (Argentina) after the trip.

Various passengers have reported from the ship that the waves at least 30-foot high, kept on hitting the ship as result of which; the motor and some other electrical equipment on the ship were shorted. There were also reports of broken window glasses and few minor wreckage’s but on the whole; no major damage was done.

Ronald McDonald

Ronald McDonald House Charities, which is notorious recognized as top ranking charity organization in the country, is being discussed because of La-Z Boy. Reports about La-Z Boy are claiming that this notorious known furniture making or manufacturing organization of America is actually in the phase of a campaign in order to donate this above mentioned RMHC organization.

The campaign of La-Z Boy is nothing but a donation campaign as their campaign is carrying the details of giving or donating USD $1 for having any fan as well as for having any follower in the running December month on their Facebook official page as well as official Twitter page. Every year “season of giving” is known as the winter holiday season and therefore La-Z Boy has taken step to donate in the same context to this Ronald McDonald House Charities organization.

It clearly means that La-Z Boy has an intention to donate as much fund as they will receive the above mentioned fans or followers in December’s month for their official pages on two different social media related websites to this locally notorious Ronald McDonald House Charities organization. Maximum of USD $10,000 has been decided to donate to RMHC by this locally notorious furniture manufacturing company.

La-Z Boy’s interactive CRM manager, who is recognized with the name Jennifer Sims, urged people to join their official pages on both above mentioned social networking websites just in intention to grab maximum possible donation to the Ronald McDonald House Charities for this running winter holiday season of December month.

Loudoun County Public Schools

On Thursday, the Loudoun County Public Schools faced early close due to extremely bad weather and snowy conditions. The school officials all across the big region had to make the decision whether the Loudoun County Public Schools should remain open and finally they decided to close early.

Like Loudoun County Public Schools, many other big school systems were facing the same problem; make a perfect and appropriate. They had to make the decision keeping in view whether how their decisions have their impact(s) on families. The officials knew it well that their choice(s) could be devastating to some.

At the Fairfax County Public Schools system their chief operating officer Dean Tistadt was also in the same tough position; he knew it well too that the initial call to notify countless people about his decision was to be made by him. He had to decide whether the schools in the region should remain open, there would be early dismissals or they should close.

‘Fairfax County’ Public Schools system is Virginia’s largest one and Dean had to review the weather reports carefully since his upcoming decision wasn’t going to be an easy one. When the snow finally started to fall, Dean Tistadt reviewed the weather reports again and at the same time; he contacted Prince William, Loudoun and Montgomery school systems.

All the officials at above mentioned school systems agreed to the decision that they would be ‘well served’ should they close a bit early for the day than normal. Many families, however criticized the decision since their entire schedule for the day was disturbed; they were forced to pick their kids early thus it panicked them.

It became known when 4G will appear in Ukraine

The three largest Ukrainian mobile operators, Lifecell, Vodafon and Kyivstar, are expecting the launch of fourth-generation (4G) mobile communications technology in July this year.

According to media reports, the technology will be presented immediately after the work on the conversion of frequencies is completed.

In the 1800th range we will be launched in July. Previously, no one can do this, everyone should start at the same time. Now the exchange of frequencies will go, and this is a very difficult and complicated operation. I’m not even sure that in Ukraine there were precedents for such a massive exchange of frequencies, ”said Kyivstar President Petr Chernyshov.

Recall, it has recently become known that China will soon cancel roaming charges.

Based on materials: Interfax-Ukraine